IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MY ROAD TRIP PLEASE VISIT FEBRUARY 2011 ENTRIES

Blog Archive

I sat with a huge box of Savannah Candy Kitchen's divinity and pralines in front of the television one night. It must have had at least four pounds of unadulterated pure cane sugar wrapped in little cellophane bags. My personal crack stash. I wish it had the old waxed paper packets, though.

I got to thinking about birthday cakes. I sincerely believe that icing is 90 percent sugar and 10 percent polyester. Or is it the other way? Cupcakes are little balls of poly-sugar. Muffins are round cakes of sugar-ester. It boggles my mind. Little sugar soldiers marching in their little polyester uniforms.

As I wait for my imaginary boyfriend to bring me chocolates, I submerse myself in any other sweet thing I can. Polyester be damned.