IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MY ROAD TRIP PLEASE VISIT FEBRUARY 2011 ENTRIES

Blog Archive

Now, properly evaluating my hair-tearing, weeping and general sadness from 10,000 feet, I began to ask myself why. A comment following Kim's (we are now on an imaginary first name basis, our noms de guerre if you will) post shed some light, although I'm not sure how I feel about a guy with a website called www.thisorprozac.com. I prefer Prozac.

I'm a therapist, and, having dealt with this sort of thing before, I'd offer you the thought you got exactly what you wanted: a fake boyfriend in lieu of a real one. To my ear, the imaginary relationship served as a proxy that offered the fantasies, thoughts, and feelings of a relationship without you having to, in fact, relate. Given the distance between you, you knew from the start it was going nowhere, which, to my point of view, is what made it safe enough for you to engage in.


Wow. I haven't had a date in eight years. Ya think I have a problem with fantasies? See my embarrassing texts and birthday epiphanies.

Nevertheless, I am resolute in my belief that I am not delusional at all. Me and my almost-real IBF have an enormous amount in common. He is my intellectual equal, and more talented. We enjoy the same things. He doesn't read, though, which has the potential to be a deal breaker. My neighborhood is inbred, with our men passing wives around like teenagers passing the bong. This is the right thing to do.

In any event, my IBF and my almost-real IBF may yet meet during my road trip.