IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MY ROAD TRIP PLEASE VISIT FEBRUARY 2011 ENTRIES

Blog Archive

Today I bought:

This is Devin from the Apple Store
  • MacBook Air (love it but my fingertips are sore from trackpad usage)
  • Garmin Nuvi (have an older one in my pickup)
  • External DVD for MacBook (because you can't fold up your CD's and stick them into the ridiculously flat Air, and I occasionally need a throwback from the Aerosmith days)
  • Little speakers
  • Kodak PlaySport video camera (ick, who wants a Kodak, but these are supposed to be really good)



And, a whole pile of new underwear.

There are hot pink ones, yellow lace ones, white with black, black with white, flowered ones, sheer ones, purple ones and god knows what else.  They give you a bag to put your choices in and you can't see exactly what you put in there in the first place, but it's a sale, and by the time you get to the check out line..... well, you pretty  much own them all.

This would be great for housewife role playing:












I am also figuring out which XM to get.  The best deals are to be found directly from them, but it's an amazing ordeal to figure out your customer code, figure out if you should use that one or some other one, or just to throw in the towel and become a new customer.  Or buy it on Amazon.  It qualifies for Prime, so it will be here in two days.  Weighing the discount against the convenience.  As always.  Convenience seems to be the overwhelming winner in the larger scheme of my life.

I'd prefer to be able to listen to local stations, especially in the sticks, but I'm not sure if the woody radio works.  Pretty sure there was no FM then, but AM could be amusing.  Charging all these devices will also be a challenge, as I'm not sure the cigarette lighter works.  Probably should, though, as everyone smoked then.  It's like it was for us as teenagers, while it was still cool.

I realized that I am treating this trip as though I'll be in the Andes for 18 months.  I am adamant that I go no place that I cannot wear jeans.  However, I'll probably have to pack a multitude of shoes to make that happen.  Hmmm....Manolos and Five Fingers (if you watch Weeds, these are the freaky shoes)?  Neither one of those is particularly appropriate for the tiny towns I hope to visit, but then a girl has to be a girl.  BUT, I don't think I can kick ass in either one.  Something to ponder.  Maybe I'll just get along on my charm.