IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MY ROAD TRIP PLEASE VISIT FEBRUARY 2011 ENTRIES

Blog Archive

How can you hate a station like that? BEN-FM in Philadelphia.

I wait each time I'm in the car for the best part of the set: the kicker to the playing anything...

For example:

Playing anything we want but dressing as a mermaid with a cowboy hat is another thing
Playing anything we want - you don't need an app for that
Now playing more music than ever, as long as you're listening

And my latest favorite:
So are you gonna just sit at your desk and weep through these songs?

As you might expect, I'm listening to more music and less Terry Gross.  I do miss Ira Glass, though.  Maybe he'd like my imaginary boyfriend.  Nevertheless, I am mooning over lyrics that used to pierce through my teenage hormones and into my earnest heart.  Stairway to Heaven, anyone?  And first job boyfriend and I were crazy about Garth (Party on! Excellent1) and Love In An Elevator.  We even recorded the SNL episode with real Aerosmith as guests.  I'm not sure how we did that.  I think it was Betamax.  And don't start me on 8-track....