IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MY ROAD TRIP PLEASE VISIT FEBRUARY 2011 ENTRIES

Blog Archive



All I want is XM radio. This is what I bought:


Onyx






XMp3i






    XM online

 


Here is what I can hear in Woody:

  • Nothing

I have solved the power issue, and found a workaround for the speakers. I have now spent over $500 for XM devices and services, and I am using my iPad to play the radio. If I just went ahead and used Pandora this nightmare would be over. Price: free.

Since I like to do my power typing on my MacBook Air, and not my iPad, I have to get a wireless hot spot.  So I bought one of those too. $50 a month. Now I can't get it to turn on.

I have to admit that Verizon support far outpaces XM's. That really says a lot about XM. Every time I called with a question they said they were sorry for my problems and I should consult the manual.  So I emailed. The response was thank you for the contact.  Consult your user manual. Case closed. With lots of long case numbers and internal verbiage.

Oooh! Verizon technical support just picked up. Turns out that my device is defective and I have to return it.  I can take it back to where I bought it, an hour each way (you do remember that I live in the country), or I can send it back.  In the latter case, they'll have to charge me for a new one.

I do believe Woody is the victim of prejudice against the physically challenged. No speakers, no soup for you. I suppose my imaginary boyfriend will have to sing to me the whole way.  That's gonna require a whole lot of imagination on my part.