IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MY ROAD TRIP PLEASE VISIT FEBRUARY 2011 ENTRIES

Blog Archive

The woody has no cigarette lighter.  At least I don't think it does.  Come to think of it, maybe it does.  Does it work? I dunno.

GPS and XM need charging. Through a cigarette lighter (or I guess in the evening, unless I'm sleeping in the car). Video cam, MacBook, iPad, iPhone, iPod, not to mention my toothbrush and hairdryer, all need charging. I'll have to pack a power strip.  I have an entire canvas bag full of cables, adapters, manuals and batteries.

I also don't have a radio.  Or if I do, it's AM. If it works. XM runs through your car speakers. Thats a big negatory.

Now, all of this is sort of cheating, as I am planning to be not planned.  However, a road trip just isn't a road trip without music.  I don't want to be permanently missing in some swamp. And I really, really want to document this trip.  Okay, I feel better about the electronics.  Now for the wifi... let's not go there with lattes and Starbucks.

So here's what I did: I bought a "power pack." This thing can power stuff through regular plugs and a cigarette lighter port. It can jump start the car. It has a radio (for local stations, yeah!), a flashlight, and a compressor.  I wonder how much it weighs. Since I have Amazon Prime, I'll know in two days.