IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MY ROAD TRIP PLEASE VISIT FEBRUARY 2011 ENTRIES

Blog Archive

I have been reading Guy Fieri's books that I assume have been generated by his TV show. While there are many places I'd like to visit, I have yet to find a diner, drive-in or dive in any of the pages.  Furthermore, there are testimonials from the restaurant owners about how being in the book increased business a zillion percent.  I want to find those places without the zillion percent. I think the websites might offer some more info for evaluation.

Here is what I have found that Guy would like me to visit:

Alabama

Panini Pete's Fairhope
Has Guy on home page, and paninis? Please. Will visit if on my route and I'm hungry when I get there. Also has t-shirts and coffee mugs. And a tab for "Bloggin'"

Manci's Antique Club Daphne
Hmmm... has a nice website- suspect. However, lots of cheese and bacon and ranch dressing. Also, the gimmick is kind of great. Looks like a great place for Brad to pose for a picture.

Louisiana

Casamento's Restaurant New Orleans
Has "merchandise"-- hmmm again.  Also in New Orleans a real negative (minimal cities for this girl)

Parasol's, New Orleans
Hooray! No web site. Negates New Orleans location problem

Rivershack Tavern Jefferson
"Home of the Tacky Ashtray" but tweets and facebooks.

Mississippi

Darwell's Cafe Long Beach
Uh, oh.  Guy Fieri's plug on home page. Also moving dots at bottom advertising web developer.  Plus, the video looks like a bunch of frat bros after a keg-- they think it's great, but we don't.

Tennessee


Uncle Lou's Fried Chicken Memphis
Geez.  What is it with Guy Fieri's pic? Web site a plus only because you can order the seasonings and sauces. But, they have a press area.  C'mon, press? But this looks like a place I'd really like

Tom's Bar-B-Q Memphis
Damn.  Guy's pic again. A video even. But gotta love "Where Friends Meat," and the contact is an aol address.

Pizza Palace Knoxville
I dunno. I'll have to be really sick of southern food to eat pizza. But the sign looks cool, and it says drive-in.  I wonder if that's true- great for Woody, and my imaginary boyfriend won't have to get out. Unfortunately, I'll probably have to pee. Web site's nice and basic.

And, Florida


Ted Peter's but not because he said so. I grew up eating there.
And it has no website