IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MY ROAD TRIP PLEASE VISIT FEBRUARY 2011 ENTRIES

Blog Archive


In 1976, I went to Dylan's Rolling Thunder Review in Tampa, Florida. I can't remember too much about it, though.  I was 17, and my sister was 13.  She and her friends were the ones that planned the outing.  I suppose they wanted me to go because I was old enough to drive.  Well, my little sister gave me my first LSD. Okay, this was in Florida, and we certainly had more than our share of drugs, but it really only got bad with coke in the 1980's.

In 2006, I took my son to his first concert, The Stones A Bigger Bang. He was 13. The tickets were $950 apiece, face value. We bought t-shirts and blinky tongue pins.  He wanted to hear Paint It Black because his school hockey team always came out on the ice to it.  We left before Satisfaction because he was too tired, according to him, to experience the rest. I heard it from the parking lot.

And we talk about how kids grow up too fast these days. Thirty years ago, we did LSD with our friends. Four years ago, my son went to a concert with his mother.  At least he wasn't planning a Columbine.