When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money.  Then take half the clothes and twice the money.  ~Susan Heller


Well, I'll take all the clothes, and then some. After the  19 degree trip on Sunday, I realized that weather could be a real issue.  As Woody is eight-passenger, I have plenty of room to emulate the Clampets (Ellie Mae, if you please). So, I packed lots of contingency stuff:
  • Leather waterproof boots, brown, Irish
  • Wellies, pea green, with broken buckle
  • Gore Tex anorak, school bus yellow; did my first 14er in it (Long's Peak)
  • Rain pants, black Patagonia, thought I would use them but never did
  • Rain jacket, slate blue, ditto
  • Snow pants, too big, black
  • Gore Tex gloves, red, cheap, dirty
  • Quilted gloves, bright blue with green piping, Land's End, but hey they work great
  • Clogs, denim blue, good for 1 1/2 puddles
  • Parka, black, down, still has squished box of blister pads from Killi
  • Quilted jacket, bright blue, goes with gloves
  • Hat, wool, artsy, from Longwood Gardens
  • Scarf, matching, ditto
  • Gloves, matching, ditto
  • Long quilted coat, brown, Patagonia
  • Driving gloves, really old, need to be stretched out
  • Miscellaneous gloves, forgotten in pockets
Of course, I also packed two flashlights, a blanket and pillow, hair elastics, and spare parts with tools.  You'd think I was going to Mongolia.


Thank goodness Brad only needs one outfit, his birthday suit.