I do. I have always been a natural blonde. Like almost all towheads, as I got older, my hair got darker.  My mother called it dishwater blonde. There are about ten adults in the world, probably on some scenic Scandanavian island, that still have that white-blonde hair.

When I ran away from home for the first time, I colored my hair whiter than white, Debbie Harry white (I'm dating myself here), in the same way that many women cut their hair after a romance has ended. I eventually went back to dishwater.

Then I had chemo. A word about my cancer: it was the bad kind, the really bad kind. I have not seized the day, I am not treasuring each day. I am just myself, just as I've always been, which is really pretty good. Chemo did have its drawbacks, though.  Of course I lost my hair. Everyone said it would come back curly, but it did not.  It came back dark, very dark.

I thought I would just live with it, see what it was like, get used to it. I really, really tried. I just couldn't. I didn't feel like me. So out came the bottle. It was just horrible. We couldn't get it back to blonde.  God bless my colorist, she tried and tried and tried. Nothing. And then one day, it worked! I was a blonde again.

I plan to be on the road for over a month, and that means that I'll need to have someone else color it. As any woman will tell you, using a different stylist is the most stressful thing you can do.  I'm afraid my hair will come out orange.  However, I am armed with my formula:

Aveda Twilight 40 vol
Tone with Redkin 102 8n 1 oz and 1 oz clear

If you care.