I used to loooooove to dance. I was in college during disco fever. As I attended an Ivy League school, and frequented fraternity keggers (drinking age was 18 back then), we discoed without the white polyester suits. I had the best regular partner. He was tall and funny and great with the pretzel. He would spin me round like crazy and we would literally clear the dance floor. He grew up and became a dentist. I would have married him but I met my Navy SEAL. As it turned out, bad choice.

XM is new to me. My son has it in his car and when I borrowed it I tuned the radio to '80s on 8. I graduated college in '82, and partied like mad after that in the city. It seemed like the right station, and they didn't call it "oldies" or "adult." Thank you very much. I pretty much knew all the lyrics. Then I found '70s on 7.

My life passed before my eyes. Rock The Boat, streaking at science camp. YMCA, dancing in college (and forever more, it seems, as everybody knows how to make those four letters with their bodies). Cat Stevens, bonfire with first crush. Rock The Casbah, with my underage sister in bars. Blondie (on 8-track), driving around with the top down, trolling for guys. And, now I can't even remember what song it was, dancing with my disco king. It just popped into my head that we danced so hard that sweat flew off of us with every turn. He was Big Sweaty Guy.

I told my trainer the story today. BSG. He likes that. Great for those bizarre middle-aged guys who stay in one place, lifting the same weights, for hours. You know, I'm a BSG, female variety, but I do move around thanks to Ron The Hun.

My Imaginary Boyfriend is not a BSG. Too bad. I like it hot and sweaty.