IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MY ROAD TRIP PLEASE VISIT FEBRUARY 2011 ENTRIES

Blog Archive

My rolling dresser concept is working very well. I put in a new shirt, clean underwear and socks in the ice bag. Then I add the cables and power strip. And the Macbook, the iPad, the Garmin, the video cam and the cursed XM boombox. I also have my purse and the little train case that keeps all my toiletries ready to go. My grandmother had one just like this. I had to ask a pile of ebayers if theirs smelled. Old suitcases smell like old attics. I couldn't have that.

The whole deal weighs A TON. I need to get a duffel bag with a shoulder strap on it. When I get home, it can live with all the other duffel bags with shoulder straps I purchased on various excursions.

I'm very big on hygiene. I am one of those ladies who carries Purell, dispenses paper towels with her forearm, and presses the door open with the other side of her arm, hands up in front like a surgeon going into the operating room. After musing it over for a few days, I decided I couldn't live without my water pik. So I drag it along, too. And the special mouthwash that goes with it. And a tongue scraper.

Check this out. My beloved Holiday Inn  Express has this by my bed: a Clean Remote. It's aqua and kind of swirly like a Venus razor.

Dear Valued Guest:
We have added the Clean Remote to each of our guest rooms. The Clean Remote has been designed to make it easy for our staff to clean and disinfect properly. This translates into...
A CLEANER, MORE COMFORTABLE STAY FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY
All the best, The Management

It's kismet. I have become the slave of the Holiday Inn Express.