IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MY ROAD TRIP PLEASE VISIT FEBRUARY 2011 ENTRIES

Blog Archive

This is Sonny:

He knows all about old cars. This is not facetious. He has a 1983 something or other (I can't remember which) which he found in a barn. Guy didn't want to sell it. Had 17,000 miles on it. He stopped by again and asked to buy it. Guy said what he really needed was a ride on mower. Sonny came back with the mower and left with the car. Anyhow, he's had practically all cars ever built since 1935. After talking with him in the Lobby at the Holiday Inn Express for about half an hour, I was missing breakfast.  I made a mad dash for the last plastic-wrapped breakfast pastry, he came over again, and we kept on talking. I told him about the special features of the 1942, including the fact that it has locks. Bet it has one on the spare, he said. Very, very good. Anyhow, I mentioned that my locks were sticky or stuck or obstinate or just pouty teenagers and I needed to get a can of WD-40. I went to get my things, and there was Sonny, spraying my locks both inside and out.

I now like West Virginia a whole lot more. Brad does, too.