IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MY ROAD TRIP PLEASE VISIT FEBRUARY 2011 ENTRIES

Blog Archive

Didn't your mother always say that? If you were cheated in your juvenile instruction, didn't your health teacher in elementary school teach you that? Well, for me yes and no. I am eating so much of nothing, not even a single good home cooking place in a week and that was part of the purpose of this trip. At B&B's the breakfast is excellent. And large. And you don't want to insult your hostess. And at the Holiday Inn Express there are bacon and eggs, biscuits, cereal, bagels, juice, yogurt, fruit and more! I think the best strategy would be to have breakfast and then an afternoon meal, as I never get to my chosen lunch spot anyhow. Unfortunately, I have not found anything suitable for that meal. Then I get pissed off at the end of the day, and I end up driving further than I had planned. No dinner. Tootsie Pops and Girl Scout cookies.

No matter, I wake up in the morning feeling absolutely sick from how much I've eaten. Not like I am worried about my appearance, but I am just plain uncomfortable. I am not buying bigger clothes. And where is this fullness coming from anyhow? Maybe it's the Tootsie Pops. I looked it up, and the Tootsie Pop web site had an entire tab called Healthy Living. See, I am eating health food. Tootsie Pops are:

  • Gluten-free
  • Peanut-free
  • Nut product-free
  • Kosher
They have 60 calories apiece. That translates into more than 41 Tootsie Pops that can be sucked to provide a healthy number of calories for my height and weight. And the site says that when consumed in moderation, you can enjoy delicious Tootsie candies without compromising the benefits of a nutritious, well-balanced diet. Hey, I can have 41 and a half Tootsie Pops and be consuming a nutritious diet!  I've always felt that three non-officially recognized food groups are salty, crunchy, and candy.