IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MY ROAD TRIP PLEASE VISIT FEBRUARY 2011 ENTRIES

Blog Archive

That's the name of my shooting range at home. It is also me when confronted with the huge red bullseye. In the snow and slush and who knows what, Target loomed brightly across Dixie Highway. I need some stuff, so I thought I'd take refuge from the weather. I didn't take a shopping cart because that admits that you're going to buy a lot of stuff you don't need.

So here's what I've worn so far:

  • 8 sets of lingerie
  • Sweater
  • Backup sweater, ivory and now destroyed and should be tossed but it's cashmere and I just can't do that even though I got it at the Neiman Marcus outlet store
  • 8 pairs socks
  • 2 pairs jeans
  • Miscellaneous shoes and boots
  • My diamond bracelet, once, because I thought my not-to-appear gay hosts would notice it
  • Belt
  • Outerwear of all colors, sizes and degree of down
  • Filthy quilted gloves, should be trashed but they're the only ones I have that can substitute for both windshield wipers and snow brushing thingie that is in the still-locked back of Woodie
  • Road dirt

I need to do laundry or buy more panties. Hmmm... Tough choice. Duh, buy more. Target actually has some pretty nice panties, and real women wear the logo proudly (see men & pink skate laces). They are having a sale, $4 a pair. I pay $9 or $12 at Victoria's Secret, and $38 for date panties (not taken out of the bag as of yet). I don't like the cotton ones because they remind me of utility, which I have left behind. That leaves the silky and the lacy ones. Found some. I always feel guilty when I buy the ones that are part of a set because someone will want to buy the bra but can't find the matching panties.


I always like the t-shirts at Target. There was a cool Barbie one.

It's me, no? My imaginary boyfriend is jealous of my almost-real imaginary boyfriend.

I also bought new pj's and a nightgown for good measure. You have to hunt through the cotton pajama bottoms to find the silky ones. I have a black roses on ivory background set.

Searched all sections of store for appropriate duffel bag. Ones in luggage section too big. Huge purses and totes too small, although I had thought it would have been fun to buy the ugliest one-- they had a crushed black vinyl patent one that would be good. Finally, I found one in the Jane Fonda area. Has ventilated pockets for shoes!

Also bought blunt-end scissors for various grooming activities. Now up to 4 pairs of scissors. You can never have too many.

Mello Yello's competitor was lurking in the Bert's Bees section. It didn't think I'd see it.

It's gonna be a caffeine throw down.