Yes I did. I have never, ever done that before. I'm freaked out, fortunately alive, and wary of ever driving again. Apparently other people have also done this. Tylenol has some stuff about that on its website. Tylenol? Maybe I should get a headache before I get in the car. Anyhow, The National Sleep Foundation says this:

  • 31% of all drivers have done it at least once
  • At least 100,000 accidents happen
  • At least 1,500 fatalities
  • Those are really low estimates (might be 200,000 and 5,000)
  • The accidents cost us more than $30 billion a year
$30 billion! That's a lota dough. Could buy 40,000 woodies for that. Tylenol tells me that I should take Tylenol PM so that I'm not sleepy. The site sends me to stuff on iSlumber.com. Link doesn't work. Google it. It is Tylenol's website. 

The problem is, I wasn't sleepy. At all. It came out of the blue. There are two right turns at stop signs that you are allowed to forget about the stop sign and just go. This was the second no-stop stop sign. You can't see who's coming around the bend at 50 mph in the opposite direction. You have to pay attention. 

Fortunately, I was driving my son's car and it has Driver Assist. Well not BMW Driver Assist that I have been looking for, but an even better kind in his used eBay Infiniti. The car ding dings when you go over the line. It ding dinged a lot. It woke me up just as I was headed into a huge ditch in front of the farm. I can get towed out of a ditch, but I can't get out of killing someone. Someone who's not me. Thank heavens it is a holiday weekend and no one was going the other way.

Go home and ask graduation boy what he ate for lunch at school. Nothing. Ask ex-husband what he ate at school. Only overlap is rice and edamame salad. Can you get something from edamame that doesn't make you throw up or, you know? Doubt it. It is a mystery. I like to solve things and I can't solve this. Tired of being at the age when everyone talks about their medical problems. Boy oh boy, this post sucks. Shoulda kept it to myself.

Note to self: reassess 400 HP BMW, get Infiniti crossover and driver.