Woke up very early to watch Royal Wedding. Very nice. Interested in which tiara she wore. Diana's wedding was better. My wedding dress had that big skirt and poufy sleeves like hers. Fortunately, no one called me a meringue. At least not to my face. Ah, the injustices of fashion trends. Ron the Hun has me doing penalty weights.

Getting ready to go to Carlisle, so I thought I would just give Woody a little spin to get the kinks out. Woodie wouldn't. Goes with jumper pack and is ok after that, until the next day of course. Figured must be something wrong with electric. Already replaced coil and condenser. Decided to seek new battery. Driving to get some plastic tubs for all the Christmas wrapping paper still in my office, saw battery place. Closed. Cell phone number on door. This must not be a full-time business. Called cell phone. Will be back around 5 (!). Went back. Door has Closed sign on it, but door unlocked. This is Dave. He has lots of batteries. I asked for a new 6 volt, as the old one was put in when I was in Monteagle TN, about 1600 miles ago. I think they got it from a tractor supply store (this is not necessarily a bad thing). There are three sizes of 6-volt batteries, I learned. I wanted the big honkin' one. Dave asked me what size mine is, 10 or 11 inches? Went home. 9 1/2 inches. Checked what size would fit on shelf. Fifteen inches or so. Now even I know that a 15 inch battery would pretty much be a freak of nature, so I bought the 11 inch one. He has to charge me $15 for the insides because I didn't have a trade. I think this is an environmental thing. Tried to get cables off posts to install new battery. Nearly electrocuted myself. Dropped the wrench through the engine like a hot potato. It is still there. Called ex-husband to come tomorrow morning if I can't get up the guts to try again.

Driving on my "Save Our Country Roads" country road, saw an interesting truck ahead. The speed limit is 45 mph. I did 60 and still couldn't catch up. This is the tree where the semi collided into the hearse, and there is a bell. A really big, really shiny church bell. At first I thought it was a replica of the Liberty Bell, this being outside of Philadelphia and all. I don't really know it is a church bell. It could be one for a school or a courthouse or something. 




Having eaten all the salted caramels surrounding marshmallows that came in the mail from Etsy, I decided to get a pizza. They don't have delivery here, as here is nowhere near there. I never get pizza because my kid lives on it and I can't stand it in the kitchen anymore. Glad I did, though. Quick got gas. $83 for my sedan, after spending $68 this morning for truck fuel. Good thing Woody's full already or I'd have to sell my body or something. Anyway, I got to the gas station/mini-mart across from the hardware store, and smelled something burning, but not quite. Looked over and... farm machinery! Horst's Grain Roasting. Now I had never seen a grain roaster or even known that grain was roasted. So I asked. This is Melvin. Melvin Horst. Today was a good day for Melvin because he roasted 80 tons of soybeans.  There are a lot of farmers up here, he said. Well, yes I know that, I thought. I live here. Our farms have dairy cows. They eat a lot. Up to 50 tons a months, said Melvin. The farmers grow soybeans and Melvin roasts them to get the enzymes out because they have protein in them. I don't know why this is an issue, but Melvin has been making a living for over 20 years roasting, so he should know. Last guy did it for 30 years. The roasted soybeans are fed to the cows, so the farmers are raising their cows' food right there. As we have poop trucks here, I know that the fields are fertilized with liquid cow manure. A regular cycle, this is. Melvin asked me if I had a farm background! I was proud.